Sunday, March 30, 2014

Blog Post # 10: What can we learn from Sir Ken Robinson?

Image of Educational Revolution sign

Sir Ken Robinson is truly a beautiful mind. He proposes letting go of stereotypes that encourage one path for students. I agree that education is not linear. Everyone's journey towards success does not include a college education. College can be a great stepping stone if one desires. While being formally educated I have been challenged to think in ways I never thought possible. While listening to Sir Ken Robinson that same awakening occurred again. I love the though of rising with an educational revolution. I am encouraged when I imagine playing a part in creating a new system instead of covering a broken one.

3 comments:

  1. I appreciate this post because as a 1st grade teacher I am aware that when teaching it is important to constantly remind the students that there are many ways or paths they could take to solve or many tools they can use when working on problems to arrive at the correct answer, etc. It limits creativity when we propose one way of doing things. It's so exciting for me to see the students discussing their learning and the different ways they could accomplish a task. This wouldn't happen if I limited their learning to solving problems in only one way! Your post reaffirms that for me. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! I love how you summarized Sir Ken Robinson's speech. When we are future educators we need to guide students in the right direction to help them grow and find their passions. Don't forget your links in your blog posts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Sir Ken Robinson is truly a beautiful mind." No wonder you do not have his picture on your blog!

    OK. Not great as Brittany (above) says, but OK.

    ReplyDelete