Sunday, March 23, 2014

Blog Post #9: What can we learn from Mrs. Cassidy?

Image of an eye in a computer screen

Mrs. Cassidy's approach to using technology in her classroom was very approachable. I listened to her experiences and became hopeful that I can and will use technology to educate in a meaningful way. I would love to use Skype, Blogging, and Nintendo DS gaming systems is my classroom. Students' blogs would be literary art left online for families and students to review. I too would view a student reviewing past work as a way to collaborate and not as a mechanism for cheating.
Child playing peek a boo

Potential hindrances to using technology many include funding. Mrs. Cassidy was donated computers. There availability of resources for educational purposes is unknown at this time. I would face those hindrances by fundraising and requesting businesses donate computers. I also would do just as Mrs. Cassidy by requesting governmental funding for formal programs. I believe students would benefit from using her approach to obtain needed resources.

2 comments:

  1. I also hope that one day I can incorporate technology into my classroom. Yes, most schools are not technologically advanced as they should be but Baldwin County school systems have provided every child with an iPad or Macbook and I'm sure that the teachers there love it. I love how you brought up the idea of fundraising. That is a very good idea. Good Blog Post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funding for technology should disappear as an issue soon - or the school system will find itself in real trouble. Just look at Baldwin County!

    ReplyDelete